Blockchain Strategy and Business Model Development Summit
An Exclusive Executive-Level Blockchain Business Strategy Event
Blockchain is more disruptive to business and society than the Internet. Way more than cryptocurrency, blockchain fundamentally shakes to the core virtually all business and governmental institutions that have been in place for millennium. And there is nothing they can do to stop it. This event discusses the business applications of blockchain other than cryptocurrency.
“The most powerful business accelerator is unshakable trust.”
Every business that conducts transactions, records transactions, validates and verifies transactions, and guarantees transactions will be forever disrupted and dis-intermediated.
This level of disruption creates massive opportunities for those who can see it and act, and massive disruption for those who resist the inevitable.
Session leader, Mark S A Smith discusses with executives the business strategies required to operate a sustainable, scalable, profitable, and salable operation.
Discover how to plan and deploy blockchain technology in your business to exploit the unique opportunities: Two full days of strategy development.
“Executives create a future that does not yet exist with methods that have not yet been invented.”
Who is this for?
- Executives who can fund or champion blockchain projects
- Executives who must clearly understand and be able to explain blockchain strategy to their team
- Executive who see the opportunity but need to cut through the hype to the reality for their business
- Executives who want to get a jump on their competition, or think that their competitors are working on blockchain deployments
Blockchain Disrupts the Future: You Can Suffer or Profit
You’ve probably heard the pundits predict that blockchain-based technologies and products have more disruptive power than the Internet, and for good reason.
Any business model that relies on transaction and information validation, verification, veracity, volume, and velocity substantially benefit from blockchain.
If your business uses a broker in any part of your business, blockchain will either enhance or disrupt your business model.
In this two day, strategy-focused event, you’ll discover the power of blockchain, and create your roadmap to your involvement with blockchain.
You’ll leave with a Monday-ready action plan to deploy your blockchain-based business model.
When asked by your stakeholders, “What are you doing about blockchain?” you can legitimately say, “We have exploratory projects in place.”
Executive Strategy Development
This event brings together executives (CEO, COO, CIO), inventors, investors, talent, and testers (market analysts and consumers) to expand insight, knowledge, and strategic skills about blockchain-based business models, products, services, and enhancements.
This is not a deep dive into the technology aspects, but strategy development and roadmap management techiques so that executives know how to launch, lead, direct and monitor blockchain-based projects.
This event delivers a perfect blend of insights, tools, and workshopping so you get what you need to be a confident, enthusiastic, efficient, and effective with your blockchain strategy.
- Explore the business of blockchain: business models, financial models, applications, products, services, development models, go-to-market models, deployment models, enhancements
- Investors and executives understand what to consider as they conduct due diligence on blockchain project investments
- Business model pivots: what changes and what stays the same (finance, operations, culture, ethics)
- Explore blockchain and adjacent technology (AI, IoT, mobile, smart cities, etc.) that can be quickly exploited commercially
- Business models which will be disrupted, replaced, and augmented by blockchain
- Discuss finding sources and service providers for go-to-market models and development strategies
- Leave with a Monday-ready action plan to design, launch, develop, test, and deploy a blockchain-based business strategy
How is the Blockchain Executive Summit Different?
What makes this executive event different is the holistic view of blockchain, not just technology, but everything to consider to make blockchain work in your business.
Compete for Seed Funding
Blockchain demands new go-to-market strategies, both for design, deployment, and customer adoption. You may need some help. Business models compete for seed funding with sponsor, Scalable Labs Blockchain Startup Incubator. You can win no matter your status: corporate initiative or startup.
What Blockchain Insights Do You Need Answered?
A massively distributed ledger systems for recording and verifying contractual and transactional exchanges that is very low friction and cost, very expensive to defraud, and highly available. It substantially decreases risk, theft, loss, and fraud. Blockchained information has substantially better durability than “etched in stone.” Blockchain creates and validates trust.
“The secret to profitable business relationships: trust and verify.”
If cheating has value, and the risk or cost of getting caught is low, there’s a 100% probability of someone cheating. Blockchain eliminates that cheating.
What Can Be Blockchained?
We are blockchaining finance records, loans, stocks, bonds, insurance, academic degrees, employment history, resumes, information sources, reputation, licenses, deeds, wills, copyrights, patents, software, movies, music, games, computer security, emails, voicemails, currency, contracts, construction, collateral, real estate, cars, jewelry, relationships, credit scores, historical records, genealogy, warrantees, guarantees, government functions, trustee and notary functions, tax levies, tax payments; the list is endless.
Your Credit Card Company is Robbing You
For example: right now, when you take a credit card payment, the clearing company nicks two to three percent. What if that dropped to two or three basis points? That’s a 100x decrease in costs and that savings drops directly to the bottom line. Blockchain can do that.
Forty to fifty percent of that credit card charge covers fraud. Yes, your provider is so lousy at protecting from theft that they make you pay for their lack of care. Blockchain eliminates the fraud.
See the disruption?
See the increase in value?
See the decrease in transactional friction?
Way More Than Bitcoin
The Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency craze is just the very tip of the blockchain iceberg because these are nothing compared to what’s being developed and rolling out. The value generation opportunity is enormous.
Are your stakeholders asking you about your blockchain strategy?
Blockchain disrupts virtually every industry.
How much of a gap is there between your executive knowledge of blockchain and where your company needs to be?
In two days, you’ll have what you need to know to conduct an intelligent conversation with your executive team, board of directors, and stakeholders.
“Tacticians solve problems. Strategists exploit opportunities.”
What is your strategy for incorporating blockchain into your business?
What do you need to know to exploit this opportunity?
Here’s a plan:
1) Understand blockchain basics: architecture and current applications
2) Identify where your business can be disrupted or augmented with blockchain
3) Separate the hype from the hope from the reality
4) Develop a strategy for exploring and exploiting blockchain
5) Create a timeline and milestones for your blockchain projects.
Want to do all of this in two days? Join us for the Blockchain Executive Strategy Summit.
In this two-day executive summit, you’ll discover:
- What blockchain is and what it does
- Separating the hype from the hope from the reality
- Where blockchain makes sense
- Where blockchain doesn’t make sense
- How does the political, business, and consumer psychology support the technology?
- How to apply blockchain to your business: short, medium, and long term
- Short term focus: quick wins, adoption path and curve, funding the future
- Ignore for the long term: politics, speed, entrenched systems
- The policy and politics of blockchain applications
- Why it matters to your business
- Applications with quick wins
- Longer-term applications
- Legal Issues
- Cryptocurrency and tokens: what they are, how to use them, why they’re important
- Blockchain and artificial intelligence
- Blockchain and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Business model development
- Go-to-market strategies
- Monetization methods
- Creating competitive differentiation with blockchain
If you want to gain even a few of these insights for yourself or your leadership team, sign up and attend.
What to Expect
At this event, you’ll join other company heads to discover and install executive attitudes, abilities, tools, strategies, and tactics to deploy your blockchain strategy.
This is a highly interactive event, where you have a conversation with the instructors and other executives who are planning blockchain based business models and projects.
With a combination of lecture, practical application, and personal planning, you’ll leave with a Monday-ready action plan to deploy your blockchain strategy.
Speakers subject to change
Mark S A Smith
Business Growth Strategist and Author
Mark S A Smith leads the Blockchain Executive Summit. A 36-year veteran of the business world, running his own company for 26 years, he works with companies large and small to achieve their sales and marketing goals.
Mark designs and implements leadership, sales, marketing, customer acquisition and client conversion systems that find and recruit willing buyers for products and services ranging from common every-day to high-end unique and disruptive.
He is often invited to speak at corporate events because Mark delivers unique, valuable, and pragmatic ideas to grow and succeed. With a deep understanding of international business, he worked in Europe for three years and has delivered events in 54 countries.
Mark is the author of 14 popular books and sales guides and has authored more than 400 magazine articles. He is a genuine Guerrilla Marketing guru, co-authoring three books with Jay Conrad Levinson, and is a certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach.
His latest book, PIvot to Profit from IT Disruption is rapidly gaining a reputation for the new way of selling technology.
A renaissance man with many talents, Mark is passionate about technology, leadership, team building, teamwork, sales, and marketing.
For more than twenty years Mark has served as a strategic advisor to corporate leaders and executives all over the world who must develop the best way to bring in the right strategies for successful growth and sustainability. What makes him different is he brings a holistic view of the business instead of solely focusing on one aspect and ignoring the impact of decisions on the rest of the organization.
Working with companies of all sizes, clients include BEA, Arrow, CDW, ConnectWise, Commvault, Brocade, Dell, ePlus, HP, Hitachi Data Systems, Microsoft, IBM, Ingram Micro, Agilysis, Tech Data, Oracle, Ruckus, Raytheon, NetApp, Synnex, Lexmark, Society of Government Meeting Planners, National Speakers Association, and Meeting Professionals International.
With his engineering, sales, and business background, he delivers systems, processes, and ideas in a way that customers, salespeople, and management understand so that they can clearly communicate with their customers.
A musician, avid reader, walking enthusiast, and father of five, he and his wife, Molly live in Las Vegas enjoying the finer things the city has to offer.
Scalable Labs Founder and Blockchain Expert
Rick has been programming since the age of 12 and has been a blockchain expert since 2011. As founder of Scalable Labs, he works with blockchain startup projects for enterprises and entrepreneurs.
What makes him different is his ability to create technical strategy, understand how various technologies work and then figure out how they can be utilized to formulate new profits.
With a bachelor degree in Business Management from Pepperdine University, he has been an IT Consultant & Web developer and worked with many entrepreneurial projects.
For over sixteen years Rick has served as a IT Consultant to enterprises such as Chinese Laundry and BestBuy.
Throughout his career he has developed a price comparison & a shopping search engine, has developed many e-commerce startups along the way.
A poker player, fisherman, and father of two, he and his wife, Lorena live it up in Southern California.
JohnLewis “JL” Zoeckler
Public Speaker, Blockchain Specialist, Growth Hacker, & Cultural Anthropologist
JL is adept at seeing the forest for the trees allowing him to find the big picture from many disparate pieces of data.
He is extremely passionate about startups and emerging technologies with a strong voice to share regarding the blockchain explosion.
He is intelligent, passionate, and well spoken, making him a perfect guide for leaders that are ready to harness the future.
He is a founder, an investor, a brand builder, and a leader.
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Attorney
Matt was introduced to Bitcoin in 2013 and has been a HODLer since.
A corporate attorney by trade, Matt has combined his legal background with his passion for cryptocurrencies to build an understanding of the many complex and ever-changing issues that face the crypto industry.
Additionally, he has represented various blockchain companies from their initial whitepaper through their initial offerings.
Blockchain Due Diligence Expert
With an expertise in due diligence processes, Lauren advises and consults on Blockchain projects for both large corporations and startups raising ICOs.
Her writing on blockchain has been published in technical publications, including FreeCodeCamp and IBM’s DeveloperWorks.
She has experience in software development, trading, and venture capital and has programmed in Solidity.
She holds a degree in computer science and is an avid enthusiast in emerging technologies.
August 24 – 25, 2018
- Thursday, August 23 — 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Optional No-Host Mixer
- Friday, August 24 — 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Blockchain Essentials for Executives
- Saturday, August 25 — 9:00 am to 3:30 pm Blockchain Strategic Planning
(Stay and play, or head home that day. The venue is 7 minutes from the Las Vegas airport.)
You must be completely satisfied with the quality of the instruction, the professional delivery, and relevance to your business or your money back.
- The summit will be conducted at a high-tech venue south of the strip. After you register, you’ll get specific information about the venue and recommendations for hotels in the area.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided on-site
- A comprehensive binder of information, resources, and course notes provided
- You’re welcome to take notes with a laptop or tablet
- The lectures – but not workshops – will be recorded and made available to participants for an additional fee
- You agree to be recorded if you participate in the lecture
- You’ll agree to confidentiality of business ideas discussed so that ideas may be freely shared
- If you need to cancel, you can elect to transfer your seat to another qualifying executive or will be given credit towards a future event or consulting services
- Cancellations within 72 hours of the event will not be credited
While this is not an investment seminar, but how to use blockchain to increase trust and decrease friction in your business, expect to get a massive return on your investment in the next six to 12 months when you put into play what you discover at this event.
Registration fees and travel expenses may be tax deductible, consult your CPA
$4,995 VIP registration: (includes front row seating, hosted dinner on Friday evening with key speakers, bonus hosted meet and greet with cocktails the evening before, and 1-hour pre-event consultation)
$2,495 Executive registration: (includes breakfast and lunch, support materials)
$1,995 Attend via remote streaming: restricted to your personal viewing, not for commercial broadcast.
Event Video Package: $2,995, attendee price $995. (Ships 6 weeks after the event.)
Available for purchase at the event.
Because of the extensive logistics required, enrollment closes one week prior to the event.
Group size will be strictly limited to 50 executive participants.
Need a Conversation Before Deciding?
Contact Mark S A Smith to discuss if this event is for you and to discuss how your participation can grow your business.
Fill out the form below and we’ll contact you within one business day.
Let's have a conversation
This event produced by The Bija Company, LLC and is solely responsible for content and delivery.